The Oluce factory was founded in 1945 by Giuseppe Ostuni. It is the oldest Italian company in operation today. The first success came already in 1951 at the IX Triennial, where the lighting section was designed by the famous Achille, Livio and Pier Giacomo Castiglioni.
Oluce products are distinguished by their lightness and simplicity of forms, original solutions, and increased functionality. The collection includes modern design lighting fixtures for the home, office and outdoors.
The history of Oluce is the history of modern design, as the style of the lamps produced has changed with the arrival of talented designers and architects. Many lamps are now in contemporary art museums. After being published in Domus magazine, Oluce quickly achieved international recognition. In 1955, two lamps by the designer Tito Agnoli received the "Compasso d'Oro", the most prestigious design award.
This was followed by a whole series of prizes and awards, which are still being replenished. 2000 - the beginning of cooperation of the Oluce company with one of the leading Italian architects of our time - Tino Cordero, with his arrival unconventional, avant-garde lamps appeared in the Oluce arsenal.
As the manufacturers themselves say, the history of Oluce is not so much the history of the factory as the history of the company's contribution to the design of the XX and XXI centuries.